For today's financial services professional regulatory compliance is a very important consideration in working with affiliate services like College Smart.
Here's the requirements we fulfill to ensure you remain in compliance:
- We do not offer any financial products or services. We remain strictly focused on the educational market sharing our expertise with families in finding both the best fit for their student and lowering their costs. This synergy helps us complement one another and not conflict.
- We work at "arms length" with you. Your kind introduction of us to your clients is just that - an introduction. The client is free to act on their own accord to pursue our services further.
- We do not work in coordination with your services or recommendations on financial related decisions with your clients. Our services our completely autonomous from one another.
- There is not any exchange of compensation between us for any client decision to engage with either of our firms.
- Privacy of your client information remains strictly confidential in your files. I never request for you to share with me your client personal data for sales solicitation purposes. College Smart is designed to equip you to share educational materials to your clients and prospect lists at your discretion. Your clients may choose to receive information from me directly (my newsletter for example) at their request. The only exception to this is on a referral basis where you request me to contact a person at their request to assist them with their college planning needs.
If your firm's compliance department requires a written summary of my services and key points we educate our clients on just
for a print-friendly version.
After reviewing these guidelines and the compliance summary please don't hesitate to
if you need anything else to meet your compliance needs.
What Clients Are Saying
| “…without your involvement, we never would have thought to approach the college directly…. We got the documentation together to obtain residency, created letters to send and were granted residency which translated to $20,000 in savings. |
THEN we went back and said, 'don’t take away her out-of-state scholarship just because she is now a resident' and got OSU to maintain the $7,000 scholarship".
| "We would like to express our appreciation for the service that our daughter received.|
She is our first child to go through the college application process, and it was very intimidating for our whole family. You were able to create a clear, understandable path for our daughter.
As a result of all of this hard work, our daughter was offered three presidential scholarships at various colleges, including a full tuition scholarship to a private college.
Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you on our son's upcoming college search."
|"HWS presented an above average financial aid award, however, it included some work study. With your guidance, I went back and asked that the work study be converted to either grant or scholarship to relieve the financial burden while allowing my daughter to focus on academics. |
They came back with the conversion AND continued to keep her eligible for an equal amount of money through work study."