Teaching Scholarships Go To The Wise
Teaching scholarships usually don't go to just anyone average. Having passion and purpose in your educational goals will help you differentiate yourself. After all, any person on a solid path in life can probably point to an outstanding and caring teacher that was a positive role model in their life.
Having a few teachers in my immediate family, I know that the frustrations and work load can be exhausting. However, the rewards of making a difference in a young person's life can be many.
The first place to begin your search is to be a
Knowing where the biggest scholarship sources are and how to get after them is critical.
Don't be fooled into chasing private scholarship monies only. Be sure to learn from my
the importance of selecting the right circle of schools that are right for you AND offer the most free scholarship money.
Have a "Plan B"
While teaching may be a driving passion for you today here's why having a backup major or two at the same school will be one of the smartest steps to take:
- Reality of the job can quickly diffuse your passion.
- Too many student teachers come to grips way late in their degree programs that teaching just isn't really for them.
- Try job shadowing as early as possible while in high school, freshman year in college at the very latest.
- Finding a teaching job can often prove very difficult.
- The cycles of birth rates, relocations, local shool budgets and the supply/demand in your specific geographic target area can wreak havoc on a new college graduate's job search.
- Starting teacher's salaries have increased but may still not be enough to cover both your obligations and your goals.
- The level of student loans you choose play a big part in this.
Ready to Look?
Do you have the passion and dedication it takes to make a difference in a young person's life? Do you know the importance of limiting your valuable time for private scholarship searches and reserving your high priority time for your school searches as a wise consumer?
If so, include these recommended links to find the best scholarship resources for you to pursue:
Special Education Focus
More Teaching Scholarships
Return to Scholarships by Major Page
Return to Home Page